Tuesday, February 1, 2011

My First Photoshoot

The other day I had the opportunity to do my first photoshoot. My aunt and uncle were looking to get some pictures done of them with their children and their newborn baby. As nervous as I was I took this opportunity and decided to jump right in and test out my people skills (or lack of them, as i'm very shy). When I first got there I was so nervous I could barely remember how to use the functions on my camera or take a picture without shaking my 50-250mm lense so much that you couldn't tell one face from another, but surprisingly, some how I managed to capture a few calm family images before the kids started getting hyper. As boys do, my little cousin refused to cooperate entirely and continued to point at me, pick his nose, or look off in some other direction but boys will be boys, he was pretty silly in a cute way actually. After looking at the sample of the type of picture that we were looking for we decided to do some very casual, natural lit photos. We started off in the bedroom and I captured this picture, which is one of my favourites from the day.






Working with two awesome photographers made the posing process so easy, and they gave me the freedom to learn the ins and outs of a shoot. After about an hour the kids decided that they'd had quite enough, but this gave me a chance to capture some images of mom and dad and the new baby alone.





All in all I had a really fun time, and though i struggled some, I am glad to have had the experience and can now begin my own portfolio with the help of two great photographers I get to call family. & here's one of the silly faces I kept getting all day, the threat of tickles was only enough to stop this momentarily.


Hope you enjoy! I'll get your cd to you soon!