Sunday, January 23, 2011

Saturday Adventures Turned Photoshop Inspiration

As every other Saturday i'm not working does, yesterday started off with me refusing to get out of bed for a solid four hours after waking up ( No judgement haha). But eventually I was pulled out of bed with the crazy idea in mind (that of my incredibly spontaneous and high energy boyfriend) to venture to an antique shop not far from home in the small town of Waterford. For some reason I was motivated to bring my baby (aka my canon rebel xsi) and do some random photography. I mean why not? you never know what you might find. And with my current motivation from finishing reading a few of my photography books and having the photographic mindset it was on our way we were, camera in hand.

Upon arrival I found the setting a little bland. I wasn't immediately intrigued, but after a good ten minutes of walking around and the discovery of an old school original Canon 35mm film camera, there was my inspiration. For $25 dollars it almost came home with me, just as a constant reminder of where my true knowledge started in highschool photography class with 35mm film cameras and one small but intriguing dark room. Either or, after finding inspiration away I went. Everything within the building had a very bright and open feeling on film, even though in reality it was quite small and cramped. But this effect was just fine with me.

After about an hour we ended our venture and spent the rest of the day doing leisurely, uneventful things. It was a few pictures like the ones that are pictured below:





At approximately 11pm we had the crazy idea to make cake apples and candy glass. After having tried this previously and having little luck with it we didn't expect to have much success. But after putting all of our ingredients together and waiting for the longest half an hour of our lives we were finally ready to see how successful it was this time. To our surprise it actually turned out and resulted in another few photo opportunities shown below: 



Both which didn't turn out quiteeee as I was hoping, as you can probably tell. But when uploading both sets of pictures at the same time I saw the opportunity to use the second set as a texture for the first, creating a whole different atmosphere than the first set. Resulting in a picture that looked really nifty, that photoshop will not allow me to upload because it blows my edited photos into massive proportions evidently. anyone have a cure for this? I shall continue this later on, late blog world:)


*update:* above explained picture attached.